Saturday, July 9, 2011

An Empty House is Far Too Quiet

Yesterday Mom took most of the siblings to Virginia Beach to both spend the day at the beach and visit family. I was planning on going, but I babysit now Tuesday through Friday so I didn't. Mom left midday Friday so that she could get there sooner. Dad and Gray play this game called Magic the Gathering and there was some big pre-release tonight (I really have NO idea what that is). They have been gone all day. Since I knew they would be gone most of the day, I went ahead and babysat all day. I got home about an hour ago, and man is it quiet in my house. It is almost eerie how quiet it is right now, as compared to when there are eleven people plus a dog in this crazy house! There is no noise at all, which is good sometimes, but man it would make for a boring life if it was like this all the time. The only noise right now is the tapping of the computer keys, the air conditioning, and Untold Stories of the ER (love that show). Can't wait for the family to be home! Dad and Gray won't be back until the wee hours of the morning.

For now, I'll sit on the couch with a bag of goldfish, watch TV, and read blogs on the internet.

No comments: