Friday, August 27, 2010

Ocean City: Day 1

Three weeks ago, my best friend (Katelyn) and I went to Ocean City! She and her mom invited me to go with them back in June, and I had been looking forward to the trip ever since then. I was SO excited to go! We left on August 9th early in the morning so that we could just get to the beach and soak up all the sun for the day. Of course, I took billions of pictures (like always), so I broke up the day!


We got on the road around 8:30 in the morning and were expecting about a five hour car ride, and the to be at the beach (with a minor detour in Maryland). We were fine, and we made it all the way to Maryland without any issues and stopped at Katelyn's Grandma's house. We visited for a little, and then got back on the road to go to the beach. As we were crossing over a 5 mile bridge, all of a sudden the car started clunking--clunk, clunk, clunk all the way across at 25 mph when it is supposed to be 50ish. AND we were the only lane going our direction. We were praying we would make it over the bridge, and when we did we got off and stopped at taco bell to check on the car and eat lunch. We got out of the car to find it smoking, and so we went inside to eat and see if the car would cool off. After tacos and a dairy queen mini blizzard, we decided to just call a local car company and rent a car. Highlight #1: Riding in a tow truck.



So we rented a car from enterprise, a mini van. We had TONS of room! Once we got going again, we were so excited to get to the beach! Oh, we stopped at dairy queen for drinks! Almost there!



We got to our hotel, the Sea Hawk Motel, around 5 something I think. It was SO close to the beach and it was so cute! We had a little kitchen and sink, and a cute little bathroom. Katelyn and I were BEYOND excited to be in OCEAN CITY AT THE BEACH!



We had had a long day, so we decided to go out to dinner. Some of Katelyn's family own a restuarant called the 707. Turns out it is some sports bar and grill, but the food was DELICIOUS.I had a jalapeno burger and ate THE WHOLE THING. Yum. We were even brought that complimentary, HUGE brownie sundae dessert. I was afraid the ice cream would come leaking out my shoes, because man I was stuffed. Highlight #2: A drunk old man came over to me and told me his friend wanted to buy me a drink.... nice.

Day 1 was quite the adventure, and the trip only got Better!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to hear about the remaining days of your trip!!

Ms. B

All about me :) said...

Love this post! :)
I had no idea you took all those pictures.