Monday, January 11, 2010

Blessed

I count myself very lucky. I have not yet had to endure any extremely trying experience. I've had my own personal trials, but compared to the big grand scheme, they are minuscule. My life is pretty smooth sailing. I was born to a great family, with the best parents who have loved me and helped me to learn and grow my entire life. Never have I not had everything I needed. I have always been provided for. I have plans for my life. I have the gospel every minute of this journey on Earth.

There are so many trials that people endure, most of which I could not even dream about or, some, even comprehend. It amazes me the strength and faith they have even though the trials they must face. Recently, many things have been put into perspective. Trials are a necessary part of this life, but I feel so blessed that I have not yet endured some of the hardest. However, in the future, it is certain that more trials are to come, and many that will require great strength and faith. I like to think that the trials I will later face will help me grow and learn.

As I was thinking about all of this "trial" and "faith" stuff, I came across some great scriptures.

Alma 38:5--And now my son, Shiblon, I would that ye should remember, that as much as ye shall put your trust in God even so much ye shall be delivered out of your trials, and your troubles, and your afflictions, and ye shall be lifted up at the last day.

D&C 136:31--My people must be tried in all things, that they may be prepared to receive the glory that I have for them, even the glory of Zion; and he that will not bear chastisement is not worthy of my kingdom.

D&C 18:19--And if you have not faith, hope, and charity, you can do nothing.

Moroni 7:33--And Christ hath said: If ye will have faith in me ye shall have power to do whatsoever thing is expedient in me.

Trials in this life are necessary, and with faith I believe we can overcome them.

No comments: