Thursday, December 31, 2009

Christmas

Christmas 2009 was great--full of family and friends and memories. Sadly, my 18-55 mm lens was broken until after Christmas, and so I do not have many pictures. Mom took lots, but they are not downloaded yet. So Christmas is as follows this year:

Mom missed her Santa Claus picture last year because the line was way too long. However, she was determined to have one taken this year, no matter what. So the little guys suffered through more than an hour of waiting in line all for 3 minutes of picture taking.


I wrapped almost none of these presents this year (typically, I wrap almost EVERY single present, except a few that mom and dad want me to be "surprised" for. Last year I wrapped almost all of my own presents, but I knew what every single one was!). But regardless, the presents were wrapped and under the tree for the next morning! Just a small amount is shown in the picture, because the only lens I had at the moment was my big zoom lens, so I couldn't get the whole tree.


Every year, the little kids get really excited about Christmas Eve and reindeer food. It is sprinkled on the driveway so that the reindeer can be guided to our house.


Cute or Scary? Suzanne received a ringlet curler for Christmas this year, and we tried it out while in Va Beach at our Aunt's house. My verdict, cute!


A week before Christmas my Grandpa came to my house. While he was here, I was cooking cookies and using a spatula. He insisted that what I was using was called a turner. So for Christmas he ended up getting me a "slotted turner" as proof that he was right and I was wrong. So the next day, my aunt and I went to Target and the Dollar Tree, and found a "slotted spatula". I wrapped it up for him, and gave it to him for Christmas. Right now it's a tie. I need to find another slotted spatula.


What the pictures do not show is the crazy amount of i-Pod Touches that now belong to my family. Dad, Mom, Suzanne, and Gray are now all owners of them, and are complete junkies! Also, Ryan (the 3 year old) got a Nintendo DS for Christmas. So did Bryce.

Christmas 2009, come and gone. 2010 is now right around the corner.

No comments: