Sunday, July 11, 2010

4th of July

I've been a slacker. Oops. I have a trip I need to blog about, but I figured I would go ahead and knock out the 4th first. Here goes. Since the 4th was on a Sunday this year, we had a Mormon 4th of July on Saturday so that we could all spend the day with our families on Sunday. We headed over to the Smith's house along with the Shields and another couple from our ward. We had a traditional barbecue and played games and eventually watched some fireworks. We all had a great time and enjoyed each others company as we celebrated our country and the great freedom that we have. Here are some pictures :)

Some of the older girls, getting ready to eat and looking at pictures

The moms and the women

The dads and men

One of the things we did was draw chalk drawings with the little guys. Andrew and I are pretty talented, I must say. I'm thinking professional art status?

We also played some toothpick/lifesaver game. Pretty cute.

All the kids. Gray was absent, as he had to work.

Sun going down so we can do FiReWoRkS!

KABOOM!

So that was Saturday, the 3rd. Then on the 4th, we headed down to Virginia Beach to see my Grandma and my Aunt Sheri. We just had a good time as family, ate some food, and swam in my Aunt's pool. Fun!

Grandpa feeding the dogs, his best friends

Aunt Sheri and Bryce, best buds

Ryan playing on the swing

Grilling Kabobs! YUM!

Mom

I love all the water behind him!

Brother and Sister looking good by the poolside. P.S. check out my awesome hair.

Isn't he just the cutest?

Another cool picture.

Happy Fourth!

No comments: