Friday, June 27, 2008

Chick-Fil-A Catastrophe

In my family, usually we are all pretty well behaved because my dad believes in actually getting kids to behave and discipline them (yeah, I know--a novel concept in the world today...). However, there are a few days when the little kids can get out of control. And on Monday, it was one of those days.

Like the idiot I am, I turn to my mom and say, "Hey let's go out to lunch today." I said this because the three little guys in my family were gone, my older brother is at a camp for the week, and my sister was with her friends. That left three people at home with my mom, so I thought it would be the perfect opportunity to eat some yummy food in peace and quiet. But nope, I was wrong. My mom said that there wasn't enough time to go and eat before she went and picked up the little guys, so we could pick them up and then go eat. Again, I was an idiot and said sure.

For some reason, I was really in the mood for some Chinese food and wanted to go to Panda Express. The little kids didn't really want that, and since Chick-Fil-A was the next store over, we went there to eat and I just brought my Chinese food over there. I walk inside Chick-Fil-A and the little kids are all playing in that ridiculous jungle gym that they have, and so I sat down at our two tables (yep... when we go out to eat, we need at least two tables, sometimes three depending on how many of us there are at the time and how big the tables are). Mom brings the food over that she had just ordered and gets the little kids. They came running to the table like a herd of wild animals and shove into their seats--strike number one.

Then, mom gives them their food. Apparently, she didn't do a very good job because the kids were all whining and saying that they needed this and they needed that. All three little boys were up and down getting straws, forks, etc... When I told them to sit down and just ask, nobody listened. Thus, a drink spilled. It was all over the floor and all over one of the boys--strike number two.

Everything cooled off for a minute and everyone began eating their lunch. Then, as soon as my fork went in my mouth I looked over and saw Ryan (2) on top of the table. I was fuming. I walked over there and then made him sit back down. However, in the process he decided to pick up a chick-fil-a sauce and proceed to put it in his hair. I picked him up and put him in between my sister and me the next table over and he started screaming-- it was so embarrassing. I looked over and saw a humongous pile of napkins and decided that those might shut him up. So, grabbing three or four napkins, I lightly put them in his mouth and told him to be quiet. It didn't work, and in fact made things even worse (imagine that). He was mad and I was furious--strike number three was well passed and we were out.

I took Ryan and myself out of the restaurant and we ate our lunches in the car. It was probably the worst lunch in the history of lunches. And no, I'm not being dramatic. This is the truth and everything happened just like this. So now everyone knows why when I get the opportunity to either go with my mom to the store or lunch with the family, I would rather stay at home and babysit everyone.

No comments: