Saturday, April 28, 2007

Today

Staying up until midnight and getting up with the baby at seven tires me out! About seven o' clock I started feeling really tired. Now I know how my mom feels when she only gets a maximum of five hours of sleep a night. How does she get anything done?

Today my seven year old brother had a birthday party to go to. It just happened that he likes the birthday girl, and whenever we mention her his face goes beat red! Anyway, the party was up at their elementary school playground, so my mom took the little kids up to play. She let the older ones stay up and play, and that my six year old brother very mad. My mom brought him home and he refused to get out of the car. Mom lost her voice, so she didn't yell at him or anything. A couple minutes after my mom came in the house she said, "I beat you he is walking up to the playground." So I ran outside and, sure enough, he was marching his little butt up there. That didn't fly too well with my mom and dad, and buy did he get in trouble.

You haven't lived until you've gone shopping with a very excited six year old. Mom, the six year old, and I went to the grocery store and he kept asking for things. Example: "Mom, can you get some of this spaghetti and meatballs (a.k.a. Chef Boyarde)? It's only one dollar!" So Mom of course said yes, and then turned to me and asked if I would like some. I said no thanks, for they call it Beefaroni, but I call it barfaroni! Also, when we were doing the self check out, he accidentally scanned something wrong and made us have to start over. Now I know why my mom likes to go shopping alone.

We were eating dinner, so I sat down at the bar stools. Dad asked my to fix drinks for everyone, so I did. Then, when I went back to sit don, the seven year old had stolen my seat. I said, "Hey, I was sitting there, silly." So he replies, "You move your feet, you lose your seat!" The reaction in the kitchen went something like this: "Ohhh... you just got burned. You might need some ice to cool off that burn!" What lovely family support on my side...

Still haven't gotten a letter from the Governor's School people. That means they will probably send them out on Monday! Keep your fingers crossed...


1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Okay, out of all the blogs you have done, this is my favorite. I am waiting for you to write another. Mom too!