Monday, March 11, 2013

Does that look good to you?

After I got my mission call and found out I was going to be in Chile for 18 months, I did a Google search for "Chile Santiago West Mission." Lo and behold, just as I had expected, a few results popped up for missionary blogs of LDS missionaries who had served in Chile and had kept a blog about their experiences.

I started reading a little bit of one of the blogs in order to learn a little bit more about the area and see some pictures of what it was like, when this thing called a "Completo" kept popping up. I decided to research it a little bit more.

 Delicious?

A completo is a Chilean style hotdog. Basically, it is a hotdog stuffed in a bun, packed with lots of avocado, a huge amount of mayonnaise, sauerkraut and chopped tomatoes. If you want, you can put ketchup or mustard or whatever on top. Apparently everyone loves them.


Seriously? Does that honestly look delicious? The mayonnaise just kills me. I mean, I like avocados and tomatoes. I could do those, no problem. But really, the mayonnaise? And all of that on a hotdog just sounds disgusting. I'm not a huge fan of hotdogs, either. I also read that most people put sauerkraut on top.

Hey, they look absolutely disgusting, but I am pretty certain I'll definitely be trying one of those at some point during that 18 months. I'll let you know how they really are.

Whatever it tastes like, it can't be worse than the Balut my cousin has eaten in the Philippines (or the gecko, or rats, or dog...)

No comments: