Wednesday, June 24, 2009

25 Mile Bike Ride

Yesterday I had the opportunity to participate in a bike ride from Georgetown into Maryland as part of my 4th Year Adventure Activity for Girl's Camp. Typically, I've always heard of the fourth years doing a big hike, tenting overnight, cooking their own food, etc, so when I first heard that the fourth years were just taking a bike ride, I thought it was so lame, and that it would be really stupid, and just another one of those quick and easy activities that are so often planned.

However, when I decided to go, despite my initial impressions of the idea, I actually had a gReAt time! It was about 25 miles total, which was easier than I thought it would be. We completed the ride in two parts, each about 12-13 miles. First, we bike to the Washington D.C. Temple Visitor's Center, where we watched the "Joseph Smith: Restoration" movie, which was aMaZiNg, and such a testimony strengthener! We completed the last 12 miles, ending up at a park in Maryland, where we ate dinner! It was so much fun, and so worthwhile--even better than a hike! I had so much fun biking with Sarah, Kendra, and Lauren, my White Oak friends, since I was the ONLY Fredericksburg girl (and with no leader)... shocker...


Accomplished feet :)


FINISHED!!




Back sweat... gRoSs


Lauren and her bike

No comments: