Thursday, May 22, 2008

Master Escaper...

So my not-even-two-year-old brother is like the master escape artist. A few days ago I went outside to take the trash out. All the little kids were outside riding their bikes, but the 2-year old isn't big enough, so we made him stay inside. For that reason, I found it slightly peculiar when I went outside, and lo and behold, there was the baby. How did he get out there? Nope... not I clue. I couldn't be the one to tell you. I simply figured that someone had brought him outside, because we locked all the deadbolts so he couldn't escape. It wasn't until yesterday that I figured out just how he managed to sneak past my brilliant mind and do the practically impossible...

I didn't go to school yesterday for two reasons. One, I simply hate school and never want to go, and two because I had to read a book. I went out to get something to eat around ten-thirty, and I saw my brother in the laundry room (you see, this is where one of the doors is) climbing up the doorknob. He uses his supernatural baby muscles to unlock the door and then open it. First, he places both his hands around the doorknob. Then, he places both his feet against the door. So at this point he is just hanging there with none of his body parts on the ground. He then reaches up to the deadbolt a few inches up while still having his feet against the door and hanging on the doorknob with one hand. one the deadbolt is unlocked, he puts both hands back onto the doorknob and while turning the knob he pushes off the wall with his feet. He opens the fridge basically the same way! Unfortunately, he has figured out this trick, which makes babysitting tons harder!

Another thing he does is climb out of his crib, which we sadly have on video camera. He just hoists himself over the railing and lands on to the floor. Occasionally he falls, but not often! HE is very strong.

In our house we also have bunk beds, and he has figured out how to climb on top of those justto turn the light on.

What will he try and do next? Nobody will ever know We'll just have to wait and see...

No comments: