Friday, October 7, 2011

Another Birthday!

Today is Suzanne's 16th Birthday! Happy, happy Birthday! We have plans to do some celebrating tonight with Suzanne and some of her friends, and I am pretty excited. But first, some facts about Suzanne:

Suzanne loves her sleep. Last year after school, and many days (I hear) of this school year, Suzanne comes home, plops on the couch or in her bed, and snores away. She really does snore, too. But I come home from class sometimes and just sleep, so it's totally acceptable. I don't think Suzanne is getting as good of a rest each night, however, because I no longer live in the same room with her. She really was saddened that we wouldn't be permanent roommates any longer when I left, but she's making it through alright :).


Suzanne has a deep love for little kids, and connects with almost all little kids very easily. She wants to involve them in many aspects of her life, both as a mother and right now she is thinking of either being a teacher or running her own daycare. She will succeed at all three if that's what she wanted to do! She is really patient with Ryan, and helps him with his Kindergarten homework.


Suzanne is spontaneous and spirited, making her more unique! One of my favorite things is that she dies her hair. We've died it red, strawberry blonde, dark brown, light brown, etc. It sets her apart as her own person, which is always important when there are so many people in the house!


Suzanne is a social butterfly. She's always doing things with friends or making plans. She has developed some really close friendships with some really awesome people.


She doesn't mind taking some pretty dumb pictures together. Case in point.


Suzanne is now 16! (Group) Dating age in our house. Watch out, Dad.


Suzanne is a great swimmer. My favorite stroke to see her swim is butterfly, which she is awesome at. It's such a hard stroke, but she's awesome at it.

Technically freestyle, but still good

She's a total dork 99% of the time.


Suzanne gets me hooked on tons of dumb tv series on Netflix that are actually pretty awesome, but a waste of time. Army Wives, Psych, Ugly Betty (I gave her so much crap for watching this show... then I started watching it myself and got completely hooked), etc. She should watch Monk, though. She says it is boring, which is just downright preposterous.


Suzanne once fought with me over a toothbrush, and we ended up having the kitchen for an entire month. Seriously, a toothbrush. I will remember that incident forever, because I couldn't believe we got the worst punishment in the entire house over a dumb toothbrush.


When we were little, we shared a room in King George. I remember getting so mad at her once because she made a huge mess and I had to pick it up after school. In high school, that flipped. I became to horrible messy sister and she was the one always picking junk up. I wonder how clean Suzanne's room is these days now that I'm not there.


Alrighty, enough fun facts and stories about Suzanne. Happy Birthday!!! Love you!

1 comment:

Rose said...

Another great post. Love it when you post about your siblings.

Would be nice to not see the "r" word used to describe something silly or foolish.

Love you just hate the "r" word.

Rose